You’ll love this warm hearty beef dish with red wine. Perfect for the cooler climates around the world at the moment. It sounds like a beef stew but it has that Vietnamese twist.
Braised beef with red wine Vietnamese style
Beef shank or tenderloin 2.5 kg
Potato 1 kg
Basil powder 2 tsp
Dried onions, dried garlic, ginger 3 pieces
Food coloring Vi tsp
Red wine 200 ml
Parsley leaves 10g
Wheat flour 3 tbsp
Coriander, cilantro, Welsh onion Star anise, cardamom, cinnamon Salt and pepper, fish sauce, spices Cooking oil
• Cut the beef into cubes, drain, then marinate with chopped garlic, onion, basil, spices, a little fish sauce, and pepper in about 15 minutes
• Deep fry garlic and onions, crush the lemongras then put beef into the pan and sauté, burn the red wine to raise the fragrant, after that pour boiling water up to the surface of the meat
• Peel the tomatoes and cut into wedges, sauté with garlic, then pour into the beef stew pot
• Bake the star anise, cardamom, cinnamon and ginger to raise the aroma then put them in the beef stew pot
• Potatoes cut in half, wait until the beef are tender to put them in along with carrots
• Sauté wheat flower with butter then add to the stew to glaze the beef stew
• Sprinkle in coriander and Welsh onions
• Serve when hot with bread or Pho
This stylish hotel has so much history and a lush atmosphere you should pop in for a drink or better still stay the night and check out the famous classic movies they show from time to time. Beautiful food and luxurious atmosphere make this a great stay in Hanoi.
Talk to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a booking as part of your stay in Hanoi.