As part of Vietnam’s entry requirements, all international visitors are required to apply for a tourist visa unless exempted. This article provides you information on tourist visa requirements to enter the country under three categories:
You are eligible for a visa exemption to enter Vietnam if you are citizen of the following countries and your trip duration is within the allowed period. To stay beyond this number of days, you may apply for a visa extension upon your arrival in Vietnam. Check your eligibility for visa exemption below.
|Exemption Period||Country of Citizenship|
|SOUTH KOREA (ROK)|
|THE UNITED KINGDOM|
|21 Days||THE PHILIPPINES|
SINGLE-ENTRY TOURIST VISA
If not eligible for a visa exemption, all travelers must apply for a tourist visa to enter Vietnam. You can obtain a tourist E-visa yourself by following these instructions.
E-visa is a single-entry visa valid for 30 days. E-visa fee is USD 25, the processing time is 3 working days. You will receive your code by email to print your visa.
MULTIPLE-ENTRY TOURIST VISA
** As there are still unclear guidelines from the Vietnamese government on tourist multiple entry visa we advise that you reach out to us with your trip details so that we can help you double check with local immigration authorities upon applying for a multi-entry visa until further notice. **
If you plan on entering the country more than once or staying more than 30 days in one trip, you need to apply for a visa on arrival (VoA).
To obtain a VoA, applicants must apply for a letter of approval. This approval letter is a confirmation that a visa will be stamped on your passport upon arriving in Vietnam.
First, fill out the visa application form online (link in next section). Then, if accessible, submit your application in person at the nearest Vietnamese consulate or embassy to your location. Once your application is processed, you will be contacted to collect your approval letter.
Unless you are able to submit your visa application at an embassy or consulate, fill out the application form online here. Prepare the following documents for your application:
- One 4x6cm passport/ID photo (white background, no glasses)
- Passport or international travel documents; must be valid for at least 06 months from the intended arrival date in Vietnam.
- Children over 14 years of age sharing passport with others must fill in a separate visa application form.
The Visa on Arrival shall be granted after the immigration unit completes checking applicant’s information and letter of visa approval upon your landing in Vietnam.
- The visa approval letter can also be obtained through ITS Vietnam’s visa service (fee applied) if you are unable to submit your visa paperwork in person at the nearest Vietnamese Embassy. When booking a package, please request to include visa letter when contacting us if you’d like ITS to handle your Vietnam visa arrangement.
- You will need to pay your visa stamping fee in USD or Vietnamese Dong on arrival at the airport.
Guidelines may change at any time based on conditions, as determined by the Vietnamese government.